The National Weather Service in Wakefield, Va., has issued a weather briefing for the July Fourth weekend.
- Dry weather and sunny skies today with high temperatures in the upper 80s to lower 90s.
- A cold front slowly approaches and crosses the region tomorrow through Sunday bringing chances for scattered showers and storms.
- Saturday will likely be the hottest day of the weekend with heat index values approaching 100 degrees.
- The most widespread shower and storm chances will likely occur Sunday afternoon into Sunday evening (especially south).
- Any storm has the potential for locally heavy rain and frequent lightning; the strongest storms may produce damaging wind gusts.
Click on the first image to start the briefing.