Staff Report —
The National Weather Service in Wakefield, Va., has issued an updated briefing as of 8 a.m. Saturday, Jan. 29, concerning the ongoing winter storm across the region:
- A blizzard warning remains in effect for the lower MD and VA Eastern Shore.
- Winter Storm Warning remains in effect for areas surrounding the Chesapeake Bay to the northern Outer Banks.
- Winter Weather Advisory just inland from the coast/bay.
- Winter Weather Advisory along I-95 canceled.
- Most snow accumulation occurred overnight. However, several additional inches are expected across the eastern shore this morning.
- Heavy snow combined with high winds (gusts to 40-50mph) will result in blowing and drifting snow near the coast.
- There is a threat of minor to locally moderate coastal flooding along portions of the Chesapeake Bay, tidal rivers, and Atlantic coastlines.
- Storm/Gale conditions will continue through late Saturday.
- Wind chill values tonight will drop to -5 to 0 across the Eastern Shore and single digits elsewhere.
This is the last planned briefing for this event.
Check links below for updates:
Call us at 757-899-5734